In Barefoot Bay, Sara has just lost her husband and her father and decides to create a new life for herself in Mimosa Key, where her cousin Andi found love and is now about to be married. Andi and the cute landlord, Jackson, have renovated his father’s former fish bait shop into a cute cottage she’s renamed “Sweet Serenity” where Sara can sell her essential oils blends. But even the new calming blend is having difficulty driving the guilt from Sara’s mind that she feels for her husband’s death or the bitterness toward her mother and the church that embarrassed her. Can Sara find healing with the help of war vet Jackson, wounded by more than just the bullet that nearly killed him? The Divine Connection is a “heavenly oasis” where tragedy becomes “Sweet Serenity,” and forgiveness and healing can be found.
- Gloria gave Sara a piece of advice: “You are never beyond God’s power and grace. You may get beyond where you believe God can reach you, but remember, the power is not in you, it’s in Him. God’s healing doesn’t make you good as new. It makes you better than new.” Why was this something Sara needed to hear? How did she receive it?
- Sara insisted she “didn’t deserve sympathy and she wouldn’t accept charity.” Why? What things would she accept as gifts from friends or family?
For more discussion questions, visit owlcation.com/humanities/Divine-Connection-Book-Discussion-and-Recipe.
Sweet Tea Cupcakes with Lemon Frosting
- all-purpose flour or almond flour, to be gluten-free
- baking powder
- baking soda
- brown sugar
- salted butter, at room temperature
- light brown sugar
- large eggs, at room temperature
- sour cream, or Greek yogurt
- ground cinnamon
- ground cloves
- lemon baking emulsion
- one large lemon
- brewed black tea
For full recipe and instructions, visit owlcation.com/humanities/Divine-Connection-Book-Discussion-and-Recipe.
Other books by Amy Lyon include the prequel to this one, Divine Interruption, about how Andi and Matt meet and fall for each other, and the author’s memoir about surviving a great tragedy and every mother’s nightmare, Only God Knows Why.
Other books in the Barefoot Bay Kindle World include Promise Me Forever, Need You Now, At Last, Sealed with a Twist, Undercover Match, and Wrong Time for Mr. Right.
Another wonderful Christian redemption story is Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers, about a prostitute at the turn of the 20th century who tries to escape and make a new life for herself.
One Comment Add yours